_R_G_B_ _R_G_B_

Gets a little confusing at times but it's still a neat challenging puzzle platformer that has managed to get its gameplay work with the visuals rather well. You might want to be aware that the music plays over itself at the end once the game is finished however.

I want to wish all fellow game designers and artists good luck in the Construct 3 Game Jam!

3 Heroes 3 Heroes

The art and music are good and invoke a classic RPG feel, unfortunately what could have been a good concept in the swapping mechanic wound up being a mess due to confusing character angles, something which feels like a shortcut given the possibility of animating downward or upward facing sprites, and that the characters always stay in the same position which really throws off the aim of the attacking character.

TRI-LZR TRI-LZR

For the vast majority of the levels it seems there is no point to the multiple lasers and it gets repetitive quickly, the difficulty then takes a sudden jump in cramped quarters with little room to maneuver or prevent hits in spite of sustained laser fire. Neither the sound effects or the lack of background music do anything to break the monotony.

I will compliment you on the shadows, that was a nice touch.

Frostspektrum responds:

In hindsight I should have emphasized the core concept with three lasers much more which I think could alleviate repetitiveness/monotony by also focusing on designing good levels.

Thank you for your constructive criticism, it is much appreciated!

Invoker Begins Invoker Begins

Not too bad. I like the three different shot options but there is a non-zero chance of the player leaving themselves hung out to dry without even a basic default shot to fall back on, and the archer projectiles are both swift and difficult to see, not helped by the fact that like all other projectile shooting enemies they can continue to fire at the player long after the player has passed them.

Still the voice, music, and art are both well done and you have the foundations for solid gameplay.

Vikings Vikings

First huge props to your menu designer and cutscene artist, both of those were absolutely fantastic and the rest of the artwork did well for itself, as did the music. Aesthetically it holds up quite well. For the most part so does the gameplay, combat's a little stale but the boss fight was nicely done, combining puzzle/platformer elements very well.

However I found the instructions to be given rather quickly instead of being in easy reach for the player to reference which can leave a player stuck for a little while, which can be a major drawback to gameplay. As this was basically a single-level game having the instructions somewhere obvious, whether accessed from the main menu or pause menu or someone posted the player can find easily, is preferable to giving them fast instructions they can't access again.

Clumsy Nordic Thrower Clumsy Nordic Thrower

Pretty good aesthetically, good ponderous but intense music, consistent visuals. However the click and release mechanic doesn't always feel responsive, which is unfortunate since the click and release compared to how far it goes has a bit of a learning curve. Thankfully your "berserk" mechanic helps alleviate the frustration of this, but not completely.

Shard Hunters Shard Hunters

The character art and visual effects are both well done. The background art falls a bit flat in comparison. I also want to compliment you on the implementation of hitboxes, the top-down view and art style made me very nervous about the hitboxes but they were all in all well considered and implemented.

The concept of the overall gameplay is solid, but suffers from questionable pacing, as well as the rooms trying to disguise themselves as puzzles when really they're obstacles courses with the only option to circumvent them is waiting and then going. Still it was playable and the potential is there, if you pursue this project in the future just remember to give more thought to the levels and how you can make even light brain-teasers for obstacles.

I want to wish all fellow game developers and artists good luck in the Construct 3 Game Jam!

Astrobeans: Great Escape Astrobeans: Great Escape

The background and foreground art is amazing, though the art of the character, their animations, and the ships strikes me as questionable. While you did very well with the sound effects I can't bring myself to call the music appropriate for someone running through a dangerous obstacle course.

While I see potential with the gameplay it feels as though the spike's hitboxes were off, or at least that the player's animations fooled me into believing there was more room than I had. I got to the ship part once and had to ask... what am I supposed to do when the ship runs out of fuel? Jump out into the spikes? Seems a poor way to end the game for a player who got that far.

TriQ TriQ

Minimalistic and while it feels that it could MAYBE do with an few light additions, at the same time it runs the risk of losing the wonderful feel I already get from this game. The triangle's design is simple but conveys enough information to make it clear how to play the game after only a few rounds, the gameplay reminds me of games like jenga and connect 4, simple but fun you vs. your opponent type games. The sound-effect only aspect during play helps emphasize the simple fun this game brings. Bravo, bravo!

Underwater Salad Underwater Salad

You have the aesthetics down to a T, the artwork is cute for the veggies, home-esque for the bowl and spices, and the cutlery is consistent with each other. The music is nice and chill as well, making it pleasing purely from a sensory standpoint. However as a game is comes across as rather weak.

The controls are simple but sluggish, and the beyond guiding the veggies into a bowl there's not a lot of feedback for achievement since even once it becomes obvious the water is draining it's rarely pressing to get them into the bowl in-time so there's little incentive. It satisfies the basic conditions you need for a competitive game, you vs. the time-limit, a winning-and-losing condition. But the aesthetics from the artwork to the music make this feel more like a game for relaxation when it's not, especially if the game doesn't like the salad you made.