Itoi's Letter to Iwata Itoi's Letter to Iwata

I think this letter to Iwata summed up the impression that many of us who knew about him took away, furthermore the sprite animation from Earthbound and its music helped remind me of one of the games that Iwata made possible; and the words themselves indeed felt like something to say to someone after a parting such as the one that his friends, family, gamers everywhere, and the whole world had to go through all too soon.

On a more personal level this came at the right time for me I think; when I first learned of his death I am not ashamed to admit I cried... hard, and then the healing began when I looked back at the wonderful things he made possible, and sharing how I felt with others who understood, and now we have this upload: a measure of closure, and one I appreciate. I, and hopefully all of us, won't soon forget Iwata, and his loss will always be a tragedy, but it is tributes like these that show us that he has left something meaningful behind him through the people he has touched.

RIP Satoru Iwata, and thank you CVAnimation for bringing this to us. Five stars from me to you, and my heartfelt gratitude.

Super Zombie World Part 1 Super Zombie World Part 1

Impressive

Pros:
Astonishingly well blended combination of a zombie apocalypse and Mario
Nicely done sprites
Really enjoyed the music as well.

Cons:
Backstory not too well fleshed out (but then again, most zombie apocalypse movies suffer from this weakness)
Voice acting was meh, a little too quiet.

You took two things that have nothing to do with each other and mixed them together quite well, it was an overall interesting flash and I'd certainly be interested to see more.

MurderMysteryMan responds:

Thank you, but remember this IS just part one. :)

WGJ4K: Mickey's Rebuttal WGJ4K: Mickey's Rebuttal

Worthy of a ROFLMAO and then some

Pros:
Great art, as always
Touched base with fans very well
Hysterical character reactions

Cons:
Only one nit-picky problem with the length. which overall ended up not mattering.

The show has definitely improved since its introduction to Newgrounds, very well done.

_R_G_B_ _R_G_B_

Gets a little confusing at times but it's still a neat challenging puzzle platformer that has managed to get its gameplay work with the visuals rather well. You might want to be aware that the music plays over itself at the end once the game is finished however.

I want to wish all fellow game designers and artists good luck in the Construct 3 Game Jam!

3 Heroes 3 Heroes

The art and music are good and invoke a classic RPG feel, unfortunately what could have been a good concept in the swapping mechanic wound up being a mess due to confusing character angles, something which feels like a shortcut given the possibility of animating downward or upward facing sprites, and that the characters always stay in the same position which really throws off the aim of the attacking character.

TRI-LZR TRI-LZR

For the vast majority of the levels it seems there is no point to the multiple lasers and it gets repetitive quickly, the difficulty then takes a sudden jump in cramped quarters with little room to maneuver or prevent hits in spite of sustained laser fire. Neither the sound effects or the lack of background music do anything to break the monotony.

I will compliment you on the shadows, that was a nice touch.

Frostspektrum responds:

In hindsight I should have emphasized the core concept with three lasers much more which I think could alleviate repetitiveness/monotony by also focusing on designing good levels.

Thank you for your constructive criticism, it is much appreciated!