Itoi's Letter to Iwata Itoi's Letter to Iwata

I think this letter to Iwata summed up the impression that many of us who knew about him took away, furthermore the sprite animation from Earthbound and its music helped remind me of one of the games that Iwata made possible; and the words themselves indeed felt like something to say to someone after a parting such as the one that his friends, family, gamers everywhere, and the whole world had to go through all too soon.

On a more personal level this came at the right time for me I think; when I first learned of his death I am not ashamed to admit I cried... hard, and then the healing began when I looked back at the wonderful things he made possible, and sharing how I felt with others who understood, and now we have this upload: a measure of closure, and one I appreciate. I, and hopefully all of us, won't soon forget Iwata, and his loss will always be a tragedy, but it is tributes like these that show us that he has left something meaningful behind him through the people he has touched.

RIP Satoru Iwata, and thank you CVAnimation for bringing this to us. Five stars from me to you, and my heartfelt gratitude.

Super Zombie World Part 1 Super Zombie World Part 1

Impressive

Pros:
Astonishingly well blended combination of a zombie apocalypse and Mario
Nicely done sprites
Really enjoyed the music as well.

Cons:
Backstory not too well fleshed out (but then again, most zombie apocalypse movies suffer from this weakness)
Voice acting was meh, a little too quiet.

You took two things that have nothing to do with each other and mixed them together quite well, it was an overall interesting flash and I'd certainly be interested to see more.

MurderMysteryMan responds:

Thank you, but remember this IS just part one. :)

WGJ4K: Mickey's Rebuttal WGJ4K: Mickey's Rebuttal

Worthy of a ROFLMAO and then some

Pros:
Great art, as always
Touched base with fans very well
Hysterical character reactions

Cons:
Only one nit-picky problem with the length. which overall ended up not mattering.

The show has definitely improved since its introduction to Newgrounds, very well done.

Faultline Faultline

Very good

Pros:
A great environmental puzzle game. It forces players to think about solutions, or even for the gamers who aren't heavy thinkers; it doesn't punish people who prefer a guess and test approach. the visual effects are nice as well. Good music choice.

Cons:
It never felt like there was much variation in levels, the background always had the exact same color scheme and rotated the same patterns. While the music is good, it also loans itself to lacking variety.

A great game with creative gameplay with only some slight visual and audio choices called into question.

Dimension Diver Dimension Diver

Out of this World!

Pros:
The graphics, sounds, and other visual effects are amazing. The characters look quite three dimensional, and the levels are visually appealing. The gameplay is also pretty solid, the jumping and dashing work smoothly most of the time and the bonuses for chaining multiple jumps really give the players something to challenge themselves with.

Cons:
Sometimes the dash can be activated unintentionally, and the only other major problem is that the lack of a tutorial can easily frustrate players who haven't adjusted to the physics of the game yet.

Overall you have an absolutely fantastic game that gives us something both aesthetically pleasing and fun to play.

Teleporter man Alpha.01 Teleporter man Alpha.01

Needs polishing, but good

The idea of teleporting to an item that the player can place is good, and the green and red colors make for clear distinctions of environmental hazards.

Main thing is that the levels are really huge, either downsizing them or adding checkpoints cuts down on the frustration for the player. Second the control layout is rather awkward on the keyboard. the standard W, A, S, D is tried and true, or even just altering the grab and teleport buttons. Lastly consider adding some music.

With just a few tweaks you have a great game coming up here.